Tomorrow I am traveling alone with a toddler for the first time. Usually, my sweet husband is there to accompany me, but this time it’s just us girls. And, it gets even better. I’m also pregnant. Woot woot! So, this is certainly going to be an adventure, and I’m looking for any tips and tricks.
Here is what I have prepared so far.
1. Snacks — I got like 5 million different snacks, most of them low in sugar. I had a friend tell me that little baggies of snacks for baby (and mommy) are a great way to keep things interesting.
2. iPad — Usually we try not to sit in front of electronics all day and zombie out, but that is exactly what I am hoping for on this trip. I have a few of her favorite movies and TV shows, and then some awesome apps she likes to play. The hope is she will sit quietly glued to her iPad like a zombie. How did anyone ever travel before the wonderful world of electronics?
3. Little toys — Another friend told me to head to the dollar store and get a few toys to surprise her with throughout the flight, and that should keep her busy for a while.
4. Ziplock baggies of fun — I also packed almost everything in small Ziplock baggies, so she can stay busy opening them every so often.
5. Kid’s backpack — I bought her a small backpack so that she can be in charge of some of her prizes and treats throughout the flight. She likes to discover things, so she will be able to sort through her backpack and find things that interest her.
That’s all I got, folks. The rest is left up to prayer. Ha! Do you have any suggestions? What works for you when traveling alone with a toddler while pregnant? Also, do you have any tricks for helping kids fall asleep on the plane? I’m worried she is going to go bonkers without a nap.