Guys, it’s super fun to go to Park City during the Sundance Film Festival and/or during ski season and all. BUT…did you know it’s a gazillion dollars cheaper and just as fun to go during the off season?
My husband’s birthday happens to be during the off season, so we often celebrate in Park City. Why? Well, it’s basically the best staycation for us ever, and you can get hotels for like 1/4th of the price. Plus, you don’t have to deal with the same crowds as you do during the ski season.
We like to use Groupon, believe it or not, to find good deals on hotels. Last year, we went to the Stein Erickson Lodge and paid…$99 TOTAL for our time there. We’ve also stayed at the Waldorf Astoria. This year, we booked at The Newport Hotel, primarily because they have a HOT TUB on the balcony. That’s right…a private hot tub all to yourself. There’s nothing quite like a private hot tub two feet away from a warm bed, especially when it’s still snowing outside. Romantic.
Also, the food is always great. I like this list of top restaurants in Park City. If for some reason, you are weird and don’t like to eat in Park City (again, you are weird), you can venture into Salt Lake City for more options.
What else is fun in Park City (besides sitting in a hot tub on a balcony while it’s snowing)…?
I’m glad you asked:
- The Park City Alpine Slide – Ride your very own toboggan down a mountain.
- The Montage – The Montage is an expensive resort, but you can hit up the lobby and listen to some great musicians play while enjoying the fire. Act like you fit in, mkay?
- Utah Olympic Park – Are you a high jump skier? Okay, hardly anyone is a high jump skier, but you don’t have to be to enjoy Utah Olympic Park.
- Main Street – Looking for a fun stroll? Main Street is lined with bars, art galleries, and delicious places to eat.
- Mountains – You can’t go wrong in the Park City Mountains. You can visit a resort, ski, hike, mountain bike, walk, or do whatever it is you want to do in the mountains.